VULCAN STANDARD TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR THE SALE OF GOODS
1. Applicability. (a) These terms and conditions of sale (these “Terms”) are the only terms which govern the sale of the goods (“Goods”) by Vulcan Industrial Manufacturing, LLC (“Seller”) to the entity named on the quotation, confirmation of sale, or invoice to which these Terms are attached (“Buyer”). Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, if a written contract signed by both parties is in existence covering the sale of the Goods covered hereby, the terms and conditions of said contract shall prevail to the extent they are inconsistent with these Terms. (b) The accompanying quotation, confirmation of sale, or invoice (the “Sales Confirmation” and these Terms (collectively, this “Agreement”) comprise the entire agreement between the parties, and supersede all prior or contemporaneous understandings, agreements, negotiations, representations and warranties, and communications, both written and oral. These Terms prevail over any of Buyer’s general terms and conditions of purchase regardless whether or when Buyer has submitted its purchase order or such terms. Fulfillment of Buyer’s order does not constitute acceptance of any of Buyer’s terms and conditions and does not serve to modify or amend these Terms.
2. Delivery. (a) The goods will be delivered within a reasonable time after the receipt of Buyer’s purchase order, subject to availability of finished Goods. Seller shall not be liable for any delays, loss, or damage in transit. (b) Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the parties, Seller shall deliver the Goods to a facility designated by Seller (the “Delivery Point”) using Seller’s standard methods for packaging and shipping such Goods. Buyer shall take delivery of the Goods within five (5) days of Seller’s written notice that the Goods have been delivered to the Delivery Point. Buyer shall be responsible for all loading costs and provide equipment and labor reasonably suited for receipt of the Goods at the Delivery Point. (c) Seller may, in its sole discretion, without liability or penalty, make partial shipments of Goods to Buyer. Each shipment will constitute a separate sale, and Buyer shall pay for the units shipped whether such shipment is in whole or partial fulfillment of Buyer’s purchase order. (d) If for any reason Buyer fails to accept delivery of any of the Goods on the date fixed pursuant to Seller’s notice that the Goods have been delivered at the Delivery Point, or if Seller is unable to deliver the Goods at the Delivery Point on such date because Buyer has not provided appropriate instructions, documents, licenses, or authorizations: (i) risk of loss to the Goods shall pass to Buyer; (ii) the Goods shall be deemed to have been delivered; and (iii) Seller, at its option, may store the Goods until Buyer picks them up, whereupon Buyer shall be liable for all related costs and expenses (including, without limitation, storage and insurance).
3. Non-Delivery. (a) The quantity of any installment of Goods as recorded by Seller on dispatch from Seller’s place of business is conclusive evidence of the quantity received by Buyer on delivery unless Buyer can provide conclusive evidence proving the contrary. (b) Seller shall not be liable for any non-delivery of Goods (even if caused by Seller’s negligence) unless Buyer gives written notice to Seller of the non-delivery within two (2) days of the date when the Goods would in the ordinary course of events have been received. (c) Any liability of Seller for non-delivery of the Goods shall be limited to replacing the Goods within a reasonable time or adjusting the invoice respecting such Goods to reflect the actual quantity delivered.
4. Shipping Terms. Delivery shall be made FOB Seller’s location unless other delivery terms are stated on the face of the Sales Confirmation.
5. Title and Risk of Loss. Title and risk of loss passes to Buyer upon delivery of the Goods at the Delivery Point. As collateral security for the payment of the purchase price of the Goods, Buyer hereby grants to Seller a lien on and security interest in and to all of the right, title, and interest of Buyer in, to, and under the Goods, wherever located, and whether now existing or hereafter arising or acquired from time to time, and in all accessions thereto and replacements or modifications thereof, as well as all proceeds (including insurance proceeds) of the foregoing. The security interest granted under this provision constitutes a purchase money security interest under the Texas Uniform Commercial Code.
6. Amendment and Modification. These Terms may only be amended or modified in a writing which specifically states that it amends these Terms and is signed by an authorized representative of each party.
7. Inspection and Rejection of Nonconforming Goods. (a) Buyer shall inspect the Goods upon receipt (“Inspection Period”). Buyer will be deemed to have accepted the Goods unless it notifies Seller in writing of any Nonconforming Goods during the Inspection Period and furnishes such written evidence or other documentation as required by Seller. “Nonconforming Goods” means only the following: (i) product shipped is different than identified in Buyer’s purchase order; or (ii) product’s label or packaging incorrectly identifies its contents. (b) If Buyer timely notifies Seller of any Nonconforming Goods, Seller shall, in its sole discretion, (i) replace such Nonconforming Goods with conforming Goods, or (ii) credit or refund the Price for such Nonconforming Goods, together with any reasonable shipping and handling expenses incurred by Buyer in connection therewith. Buyer shall ship, at its expense and risk of loss, the Nonconforming Goods to Seller’s facility located at 535 Simmon Dr, Osceola, WI 54020 . If Seller exercises its option to replace Nonconforming Goods, Seller shall, after receiving Buyer’s shipment of Nonconforming Goods, ship to Buyer, at Buyer’s expense and risk of loss, the replaced Goods to the Delivery Point. (c) Buyer acknowledges and agrees that the remedies set forth in Section 88 are Buyer’s exclusive remedies for the delivery of Nonconforming Goods. Except as provided under Section 88, all sales of Goods to Buyer are made on a one-way basis and Buyer has no right to return Goods purchased under this Agreement to Seller.
8. Price. (a) Buyer shall purchase the Goods from Seller at the price (the “Price”) set forth in Seller’s published price list (or unique quote from Seller to Buyer) in force as of the date that Seller accepts Buyer’s purchase order. If the Price should be increased by Seller before delivery of the Goods to a carrier for shipment to Buyer, then these Terms shall be construed as if the increased price was originally inserted herein, and Buyer shall be billed by Seller on the basis of such increased price. (b) All Prices are exclusive of all sales, use and excise taxes, and any other similar taxes, duties and charges of any kind imposed by any Governmental Authority on any amounts payable by Buyer. Buyer shall be responsible for all such charges, costs, and taxes; provided, that, Buyer shall not be responsible for any taxes imposed on, or with respect to, Seller’s income, revenues, gross receipts, personnel, or real or personal property or other assets.
9. Payment Terms. (a) Buyer shall pay all invoiced amounts due to Seller within the terms set from the date of Seller’s invoice. (b)Buyer shall reimburse Seller for all costs incurred in collecting any late payments, including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees. In addition to all other remedies available under these Terms or at law (which Seller does not waive by the exercise of any rights hereunder), Seller shall be entitled to suspend the delivery of any Goods if Buyer fails to pay any amounts when due hereunder and such failure continues for ten (10) days following written notice thereof. (c) Buyer shall not withhold payment of any amounts due and payable by reason of any set-off of any claim or dispute with Seller, whether relating to Seller’s breach, bankruptcy, or otherwise.
10. No Warranty. SELLER MAKES NO WARRANTY WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO (a) WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY; (b) WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (c) WARRANTY OF TITLE; OR (d) WARRANTY AGAINST INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY; WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY LAW, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OF TRADE, OR OTHERWISE.
11. Limitation of Liability.
(a) IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER BE LIABLE TO BUYER OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOSS OF USE, REVENUE, OR PROFIT, OR LOSS OF DATA OR DIMINUTION IN VALUE, OR FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHETHER ARISING OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT SELLER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ANY AGREED OR OTHER REMEDY OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
(b) IN NO EVENT SHALL SELLER’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE TOTAL OF THE AMOUNTS PAID TO SELLER FOR THE GOODS SOLD HEREUNDER.
(c) The limitation of liability set forth in Section 12(b) above shall not apply to (i) liability resulting from Seller’s gross negligence or willful misconduct and (ii) death or bodily injury resulting from Seller’s acts or omissions.
12. [Insurance. During the term of this Agreement and for a period of one (1) year thereafter, Buyer shall, at its own expense, maintain and carry insurance in full force and effect which includes, but is not limited to, commercial general liability (including product liability) in a sum no less than $1 million in the aggregate with financially sound and reputable insurers. Upon Seller’s request, Buyer shall provide Seller with a certificate of insurance from Buyer’s insurer evidencing the insurance coverage specified in these Terms. The certificate of insurance shall name Seller as an additional insured. Buyer shall provide Seller with thirty (30) days’ advance written notice in the event of a cancellation or material change in Buyer’s insurance policy. Except where prohibited by law, Buyer shall require its insurer to waive all rights of subrogation against Seller’s insurers and Seller.]
13. Compliance with Law. Buyer shall comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. Buyer shall maintain in effect all the licenses, permissions, authorizations, consents, and permits that it needs to carry out its obligations under this Agreement. Buyer shall comply with all export and import laws of all countries involved in the sale of the Goods under this Agreement or any resale of the Goods by Buyer. Buyer assumes all responsibility for shipments of Goods requiring any government import clearance. Seller may terminate this Agreement if any governmental authority imposes antidumping or countervailing duties or any other penalties on Goods.
14. Termination. In addition to any remedies that may be provided under these Terms, Seller may terminate this Agreement with immediate effect upon written notice to Buyer, if Buyer: (i) fails to pay any amount when due under this Agreement; (ii) has not otherwise performed or complied with any of these Terms, in whole or in part; or (iii) becomes insolvent, files a petition for bankruptcy, or commences or has commenced against it proceedings relating to bankruptcy, receivership, reorganization, or assignment for the benefit of creditors.
15. Waiver. No waiver by Seller of any of the provisions of this Agreement is effective unless explicitly set forth in writing and signed by Seller. No failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any right, remedy, power, or privilege arising from this Agreement operates, or may be construed, as a waiver thereof. No single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power, or privilege hereunder precludes any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power, or privilege.
16. Confidential Information. All non-public, confidential, or proprietary information of Seller, including but not limited to specifications, samples, patterns, designs, plans, drawings, documents, data, business operations, customer lists, pricing, discounts, or rebates, disclosed by Seller to Buyer, whether disclosed orally or disclosed or accessed in written, electronic, or other form or media, and whether or not marked, designated, or otherwise identified as “confidential” in connection with this Agreement is confidential, solely for the use of performing this Agreement, and may not be disclosed or copied unless authorized in advance by Seller in writing. Upon Seller’s request, Buyer shall promptly return all documents and other materials received from Seller. Seller shall be entitled to injunctive relief for any violation of this Section. This Section does not apply to information that is: (a) in the public domain; (b) known to Buyer at the time of disclosure; or (c) rightfully obtained by Buyer on a non-confidential basis from a third party.
17. Force Majeure. Seller shall not be liable or responsible to Buyer, nor be deemed to have defaulted or breached this Agreement, for any failure or delay in fulfilling or performing any term of this Agreement when and to the extent such failure or delay is caused by or results from acts or circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Seller including, without limitation, acts of God, flood, fire, earthquake, explosion, governmental actions, war, invasion or hostilities (whether war is declared or not), terrorist threats or acts, riot, or other civil unrest, national emergency, revolution, insurrection, epidemic, lockouts, strikes or other labor disputes (whether or not relating to either party’s workforce), or restraints or delays affecting carriers or inability or delay in obtaining supplies of adequate or suitable materials, materials, or telecommunication breakdown or power outage.
18. Assignment. Buyer shall not assign any of its rights or delegate any of its obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of Seller. Any purported assignment or delegation in violation of this Section is null and void. No assignment or delegation relieves Buyer of any of its obligations under this Agreement.
19. Relationship of the Parties. The relationship between the parties is that of independent contractors. Nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed as creating any agency, partnership, joint venture, or other form of joint enterprise, employment, or fiduciary relationship between the parties, and neither party shall have authority to contract for or bind the other party in any manner whatsoever.
20. No Third-Party Beneficiaries. This Agreement is for the sole benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns and nothing herein, express or implied, is intended to or shall confer upon any other person or entity any legal or equitable right, benefit, or remedy of any nature whatsoever under or by reason of these Terms.
21. Governing Law. All matters arising out of or relating to this Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Texas without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of Texas or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of Texas.
22. Submission to Jurisdiction. Any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be instituted in the federal courts of the United States of America or the courts of the State of Texas in each case located in the City of Houston and County of Harris, and each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts in any such suit, action, or proceeding.
23. Notices. All notices, request, consents, claims, demands, waivers and other communications hereunder (each, a “Notice”) shall be in writing and addressed to the parties at the addresses set forth on the face of the Sales Confirmation or to such other address that may be designated by the receiving party in writing. All Notices shall be delivered by personal delivery, nationally recognized overnight courier (with all fees pre-paid), facsimile (with confirmation of transmission), or certified or registered mail (in each case, return receipt requested, postage prepaid). Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, a Notice is effective only (a) upon receipt of the receiving party, and (b) if the party giving the Notice has complied with the requirements of this Section.
24. Severability. If any term or provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Agreement or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction.
25. Survival. Provisions of these Terms which by their nature should apply beyond their terms will remain in force after any termination or expiration of this Agreement including, but not limited to, the following provisions: [Insurance,] Compliance with Laws, Confidential Information, Governing Law, Submission to Jurisdiction, and Survival.