HIGH PERFORMANCE & SUPERIOR WEAR RESISTANCE
Vulcan offers a full suite of plungers engineered to fit most common hydraulic fracturing and well stimulation pumps. Vulcan’s plungers are tungsten coated for superior wear resistance and extended service life under the harshest conditions. Our plungers can help reduce your fleets’ operating costs and increase the reliability and durability of your pumping equipment.
Ultra-low porosity through advanced coating fusion process
DESIGN FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Ultra-low porosity through advanced coating fusion process
- Optimized low friction surface finish for extended packing life
- Plungers available for most major pump manufacturers, including: Gardner Denver, WEIR
- SPM, FMC, and others
- Vulcan plungers offer a coating diffusion zone 400% greater than competitor plungers for a stronger coating adhesion.
- Fusion bonded process provides coating porosity less than 0.4% compared to competitor products which can have porosity greater than 6%. Higher porosity leads to degraded packing and plunger coating service life.
- Vulcan tungsten carbide coated plungers provide 40% greater wear resistance compared to traditional nickel coated plungers.
Available for most commonly used frac pumps